AE Gibson & Sons Sawmill Sawquip Chipping Canter For Cants
AE Gibson and Sons is a fifth-generation family-owned sawmill engineering business, based in regional Australia. The business is located at Kendall, on the mid-north coast of New South Wales, which was once the heart of Australia’s native forest industry. Having begun operations in the late 19th century, we are the oldest and most experienced sawmilling equipment supplier in Australia.
We have partnered with Sawquip to offer more sawmill options and solutions to our customers. The Chipping Canter for cants is capable of very high production rates while producing four quality faces on a cant.
The combination of AE Gibson and Son’s local Australian based machinery design, manufacturing and Timber industry experience, coupled with the Sawquip machinery for high volume and small log processing applications, provides the Australian and New Zealand Timber industry with the latest technology to improve production volume, efficiency, and yield.
Engineering Services for Clients Across the Globe
Chipping Canter for Cants
The cant chipping canter processes two sided cants eliminating side slabs while being fed by the curve sawing vertical roll infeed. It is capable of very high production rates while producing four quality faces on a cant.
- Two Sawquip 4, 6,or 8 knife chipping head assemblies each with heavy duty shaft and bearings mounted on a carriage assembly.
- Two carriages (right and left) mounted on chromed slideways with frictionless bearings each supporting a chipping head assembly and drive
- Carriages (and heads) are positioned laterally by hydraulic servo-cylinders
- Central steel fabricated and cant chromed support anvil
- Each chipping head is driven by a 150 hp/1800 rpm drive assembly
Contact us for more information.
Visit Our YouTube Channel
Engineering Specialist Machinery
AE Gibson and Sons specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of specialist machinery.
Process Renewables and Waste
We help our customers to process renewable resources, biomass and waste products.
Processing & Manufacturing Industries
We offer services to Processing and Manufacturing industries.