AE Gibson & Sons Australian Engineering Heavy Duty Log Carriage
Since 1896, the primary objective of AE Gibson and Sons has been to maintain a leading position in the design and manufacture of sawmilling machinery, materials handling, automation, robotics, general engineering and associated sawmill equipment.
AE Gibson Semi-automatic carriage with linebar sizing offers a unique control system to accommodate tension and spring in logs or flitches. The system can incorporate band mills, single or twin rig circular saws. By ensuring the flitch is maintained against the linebar at all times during the cutting system and produce accurately sized timber direct from the carriage. The system can incorporate band mills single or twin circular saws.
Our Gibson high speed log carriage is a quality sawmill machine designed for cutting logs into specific sizes.
Engineering Services for Clients Across the Globe
Gibson Heavy Duty Log Carriage
Carriages are manufactured in a variety of configurations including 2, 3 or 4 heads for logs up to 1500mm diameter and 8 meters long can be processed.
Special Features Include:
- Hydraulic or Pneumatic Operation
- Head openings up to 1500mm
- Hydraulic or Electric variable speed feed works
- High Speed Rotary log turner positioned in Linebar frame for fast positioning of logs
- Available with band or circular saws
- Carriage head blocks and slides are fully machined
- Top and Bottom Dog Locks for rapid flitch turning and accurate sizing of finished timber
- Double axles under each
- Robust construction to handle large logs
- Automatic lubrication of all slides
- Linebar sizing by means of a linebar transducer servo activated hydraulic system
- Standard carriage offset mechanism to prevent saw damage on return
Finished timbers product can be produced directly from the carriage system
Contact us for more information.
Visit Our YouTube Channel
Engineering Specialist Machinery
AE Gibson and Sons specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of specialist machinery.
Process Renewables and Waste
We help our customers to process renewable resources, biomass and waste products.
Processing & Manufacturing Industries
We offer services to Processing and Manufacturing industries.