AE Gibson & Sons Innovative Sawquip Sharp Chain Outfeed Solution
AE Gibson and Sons is a fifth-generation family-owned sawmill engineering business, based in regional Australia. The business is located at Kendall, on the mid-north coast of New South Wales, which was once the heart of Australia’s native forest industry. Having begun operations in the late 19th century, we are the oldest and most experienced sawmilling equipment supplier in Australia.
We have partnered with the team at Sawquip to offer our customers more options for individual project needs. The Sawquip Sharp Chain Outfeed is designed to positively transport the centre cant for a chipping canter or twin/quad saw.
The combination of AE Gibson and Son’s local Australian based machinery design, manufacturing and Timber industry experience, coupled with the Sawquip machinery for high volume and small log processing applications, provides the Australian and New Zealand Timber industry with the latest technology to improve production volume, efficiency, and yield.
Engineering Services for Clients Across the Globe
Sawquip Sharp Chain Outfeed
The outfeed sharp chain is designed to positively transport the centre cant for a chipping canter or twin/quad saw assembly and separate the side cuts which are discharged to transfers below. The outfeed can also be configured to handle up to three cants simultaneously from larger logs for further processing downstream.
- Sharp chain assembly with variable speed drive.
- Pivoting tire assemblies to secure cants and side-cuts as they exit a canter or saws.
- Vertical spiked press rolls, non driven.
- Pivoting side pans activated by pneumatic cylinder located along the length of the outfeed on both sides to support then discharge side-cuts to a transfer below.
- Alternative spiral rolls located along the length of the outfeed on both sides with retractable stop to transport multiple or larger side cuts forward or discharge them to a transfer below.
- Horizontal pivoting roll assembly located at the outfeed with spike roll mounted on a horizontal shaft and activated by a pneumatic cylinder to positively turn centre cants.
Contact us to find out more.
Visit Our YouTube Channel
Engineering Specialist Machinery
AE Gibson and Sons specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of specialist machinery.
Process Renewables and Waste
We help our customers to process renewable resources, biomass and waste products.
Processing & Manufacturing Industries
We offer services to Processing and Manufacturing Industries.