AE Gibson & Sons Innovative Engineering Sawquip Six Axes Profiler
AE Gibson and Sons is a fifth-generation family-owned sawmill engineering business, based in regional Australia. The business is located at Kendall, on the mid-north coast of New South Wales, which was once the heart of Australia’s native forest industry. Having begun operations in the late 19th century, we are the oldest and most experienced sawmilling equipment supplier in Australia.
We have partnered with Sawquip to offer our customers various sawmilling solutions.
The Sawquip Six Axis Profiler eliminates edging of boards by profiling a two or four sided cant.
The combination of AE Gibson and Son’s local Australian based machinery design, manufacturing and Timber industry experience, coupled with the Sawquip machinery for high volume and small log processing applications, provides the Australian and New Zealand Timber industry with the latest technology to improve production volume, efficiency, and yield.
Engineering Services for Clients Across the Globe
Sawquip Six Axis Profiler
The six axis profiler eliminates edging of boards by profiling a two or four sided cant. Six axis are required as two profiler heads are each positioned vertically and together are positioned laterally (by the carriage). The Profiler is used both in primary log breakdown and in cant processing into lumber. It can be installed after a canter producing vertical two sided cants or before a cant chipping canter or multi-saw edger.
- Normally profiles 6” to 10” cants
- Two sets of two or three vertical knurled driven rolls located at the infeed and outfeed and central chromed anvil to secure and transport cants through the profiling heads
- Two sets of profiler heads each head positioned vertically by servo-cylinders and horizontally by the servo-cylinder on the carriage supporting the profilers
- Each two profiler assembly is driven by a 125 hp motor with pulleys and belts
- Two carriage assemblies mounted on frictionless shafting each supporting the profilers rolls and drives
Contact us for more information.
Visit Our YouTube Channel
Engineering Specialist Machinery
AE Gibson and Sons specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of specialist machinery.
Process Renewables and Waste
We help our customers to process renewable resources, biomass and waste products.
Processing & Manufacturing Industries
We offer services to Processing and Manufacturing Industries.